Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Finding Joy in the small things.

Life is so busy right now. Always going. Does it stop? When? Some of you Mom's know what I am talking about! The Lord is really showing me how to focus on the small things in life. To let go, die to myself and my "old" ways. To realize that schedules are out the window right now, that my floor hasn't been mopped in 3 weeks, that one of my kids unknowingly went 4 days without a shower, that we  school when we can and IT'S OK!!! I am going to give it my best but not at the price satan would have me pay, my JOY. He will NOT steal my joy. I praise the Lord for giving me listening ears to hear HIS words of encouragement and HIS approval that I don't and can't get it all done. Praise God for His unfailing love, for His tender touch and for the joy He gives me. Here are some things I am joyful for:

1. My sweet, smiling, chubby baby boy.

2. A husband who has my whole heart and cherishes it.

3. An i-pod to listen to worship music while nursing.

4. A warm, cozy home.

5. My afternoon coffee date with my love.

6. Three beautiful, helpful, energetic, passionate, creative girls.

7. A busy, tender, block-building, snugly 3 year old son.

8. My Bible, my sword of Truth, the nourishment my soul needs.

9. Faith's wrist is healed.

10. My Savior, My Redeemer, My God.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.I too have been thinking on these same things.On my way home from choir tonight, I was listening to Kirk Franklin with Harry and it was totally on accident..the "This is It" song came on. I don't have it labled right on my iPod and I was listening to Umbrella and then it came on.What a wake up! I had forgotten the song and the words really spoke to me in the same way that you spoke in your blog....I am going to wake up tomorrow singing it, because Satan is not gonna steal my joy!! Praise God for all of His blessings. We are so blessed. I am so blessed for having a wonderful, caring friend like you, Caitlin.

    Now go jam out to that Kirk Franklin song..:)

    ReplyDelete