Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fish Tacos with Mango-Avacado Salsa.

1 mango, peeled and cubed
1 avocado, cubed
2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4-1/2 c cilantro, chopped ( if you love cilantro do the 1/2 c)
2T  lime juice
sea salt & pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. seasoning salt (I like Costco's brand)
1 lb. white fish (I use fresh caught Haddock)
corn tortillas
oil for frying (I like organic olive oil because its non-GMO)

Place cubed mango, cubed avocado, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice and 1/2 tsp sea salt in bowl and toss gently. Put in fridge until ready to serve. We usually wrap the fish in tin foil with all of the seasonings on it and grill approx. 10-12 minutes. Or you can bake it at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes when  you check it. While the fish is cooking fry your corn tortillas. Assemble and serve with lime wedges. My mouth is officially watering.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Thank you for sharing your recipes, it really helps. Do you know if grapeseed oil is GMO? I know it is better for frying because it able to reach a higher temp. than olive oil, just not sure if it is GMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marnie! I know the brand Salute Santé! is GMO-free. I think there is alot of controversy over grapeseed being GMO free or not. But anything that is certified organic is always GMO free. My personal opinion is that grapeseed oil is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete