Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pancakes!!!!!

I have been searching for a pancake recipe that was allergy free and yet still yummy enough for my hubby's taste buds. I think I have flopped 12 times. Seriously. But alas, I have finally done it!!!

Pancakes

1 1/2c rice flour
1c gluten free mix (we used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2c oats
2T honey or unrefined sugar
2T baking powder
2T arrowroot powder
1 tsp. Redmond's sea salt
4T ground flaxseed
3/4c warm water
1 1/2c coconut milk
1/2c yogurt (we used goat yogurt)
4T coconut oil, melted (we didn't have any so we used 4T mashed bananas, way yummy!)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2c-1c water, rice milk or whatever liquid you want

Optional : 1 1/2c blueberries (we didn't have any, but it would probably be yummy)

So.... I figured I didn't need to write out the directions, the extra water/rice milk is just to add in if it needs to be runnier, which ours did so we added water..... I basically mixed it all together and cooked 'em! They we delicious! I can now cross this off of my "2011 Things to figure out list". Hooray.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!! Everyone loved them and I have yet to find healthy pancakes that all my kids like! They asked that I make them often too!!! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete