Thursday, January 20, 2011

Turkey, Avacado, Zucchini Panini... oh yeah.

My mouth is officially watering. I hate when I think about a recipe that sounds really yummy, when I am making dinner. And it's NOT what made my mouth water. Ugh. Well here is my first sugar free recipe!!

Turkey, Avocado, Zucchini Panini

1 avocado
1/2c pesto mixed with 3T mayo (my personal favorite is cilantro pesto)
1 whole zucchini, sliced diagonally
roasted red pepper (fresh or from a jar), sliced
4 cibatta/foccasia rolls (check the labels!!)
2T organic olive oil
4 slices Havarti or provolone
2c spinach leaves
small handful broccoli sprouts
1/2 lb. mesquite turkey breast (try and get nitrate free and check labels!)
peppercinni's (optional)

Wash veggies and slice accordingly. Saute zucchini in organic olive oil just enough to soften, too much will make it mushy. Who likes a mushy zucchini? Add the roasted red pepper just long enough to warm it thru. Assemble the panini like this:
bottom of bread
mashed avocado, sprinkled with a little salt
broccoli sprouts
turkey
spinach
harvati/provolone cheese
roasted red pepper
peppercinni's (optional)
zucchini
pesto-mayo mix
top of bread

Brush the top of the bread with olive oil and put in panini press. Or if you aren't fancy like me, put the sammy in a cast iron skillet and "press" it with the bottom of a pampered chef bread pan. Hey whatever works, right? Enjoy!

Here is one of my favorite cookbooks (if you want to purchase it, try to do it through my site, then I get a small percentage ~ Thank you!!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment