Friday, April 8, 2011

Mornin' Sunshine Muffins.

My kids all run around and shriek if they see me making these. Although my kids think muffins are candy. They really do. Come to think..... I really like muffins too. I will take them in a box, with a fox, well you get the point. :)

Mornin Sunshine Muffins
         
1/2c coconut oil
3/4c raw honey or agave nectar
1/4c unsweetened applesauce
1T vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
2c shredded carrots (I have done 1c shredded carrots and 1c shredded zucchini and it was yummy)
1 large apple, shredded
1T lemon juice
1/2c dried cranberries
1/2c sunflower seeds
1/2c shredded, unsweetened coconut
1c brown rice flour
3/4c oat flour
1c buckwheat flour
2T arrowroot powder
2T potato flour
2T chia seeds
1 tsp. guar gum
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. Redmond's real salt


Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease or line muffin pan. Combine coconut oil and honey in mixer, mix well. Add in vanilla and cinnamon and mix well. In another bowl combine shredded carrots, apples and zucchini (if using) with the lemon juice and toss gently. Add to the honey mixture. Mix in cranberries, sunflower seeds and coconut. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix on low until well combined. Fill your muffin tin/liners to the rim. Bake approx. 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 5 minutes before putting on cooling rack. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so yummy and healthy! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, we don't eat gluten free and I want to know if there are anythings that we can substitute for the brown rice flour, oat flour or potato flour. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny that it uses my husbands name for the account name!! This is Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy!! I would just use 3c wheat flour or whatever flour you usually use instead of the oats, brown rice, arrowroot, buckwheat and potato flour. :) Let me know how they turn out!!

    ReplyDelete