Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Time Out.

So... I wanted to pour out my heart a little bit. I have been kind of avoiding my blog. I felt I was in such a dry spell on what to blog about. Every time I would come to post something I went blank. I had no desire to blog anything. I have felt that in the past 2 weeks I have been so interested in my ads and who was clicking on them that the blog wasn't taking precedence. I was so disappointed when it wasn't going as I had planned. I became discouraged. It was absolutely a case of wanting to be more successful in blogging than I was ready for or the Lord had planned. I had an "I can do this by myself" attitude. I think the Lord chuckled at me. Seriously. I began to pray for God to show me ideas of what to blog about and yet there was nothing. Then I began to pray about the ads I had placed on my blog and all in one morning's quiet time I felt the Lord saying "This is not what I have for you, this will reap nothing good." That was all I needed to hear. I had felt like the ads were questionable anyways because I couldn't monitor them as I had wanted too, but I kept them on. I knew I was checking my "stats" a little too much with excitement  obsession, but I kept checking. Then after seeing clearly what was happening to the blog I had started to bless others was heartbreaking. I was prideful and I am sorry.  Please forgive me if you felt less "comfy" here. The ads are gone although I am going to keep "buttons" of blogs I enjoy or a bookstore of books I think will be a blessing to others. I will continue to be posting regularly again and hope to be a blessing in the future. Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. They didn't bother me, but good for you for following what the Lord has impressed upon your heart. That is why I appreciate you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, your friendship means alot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete