Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chai Hot Cocoa. It really is as good as it sounds.

I am a personal fan of yummy things. Especially drinks, I don't know what it is about them but whether it's coffee, tea, cider, smoothies, hot cocoa, etc. I love 'em. All of these can be a massive calorie intake and just plain bad for you. Here's where this recipe enters. It's so yummy and so NOT bad for you. That's all I needed to hear and I was sold. The original idea for this drink came from The Nourishing Gourmet, I altered it just a smidge.

Chai Hot Cocoa

1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
1/4c unsweetened cocoa
3T honey or maple syrup
1 1/2c hot water
2 bags of chai tea (real leaves)
1 bag of pumpkin spice tea bag (real leaves)
1 tsp. vanilla

Steep the 3 bags of tea in the hot water for the length of time instructed on the box. In a small pot whisk the cocoa, honey/maple syrup, and half of coconut milk until there are no lumps over medium heat.  Add the rest of the coconut milk and chai/pumpkin tea. Bring to a simmer and take off of the heat. Add the vanilla and serve. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment