Sunday, March 13, 2011

Homemade Mayo! It's easier than you think!

I have been making our own mayo for 2 months now and can't believe I wasn't before! It's so easy and the best part is there's NO soy in it!!! It literally takes 2 minutes. I really am a little too excited about this. Sorry, I know I am a nerd.

Homemade Mayo

1 egg, preferably free run or organic
1T organic white vinegar
1/2T lemon juice
3/4 tsp. Redmond's real salt
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. organic garlic powder
1c extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil, we use evoo

Put the first 6 ingredients in vita mix or blender. Blend well. While the blender is on medium or medium-high slowly pour the oil in. It will thicken up. I blend the mayo until my vitamix makes a sound like its contents are no longer moving. Voila!!! Mayo. Love it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment