Sunday, March 27, 2011

Southwest Chicken Pasta! Gluten Free!

I made this over the weekend, basically because I had all of the ingredients in my fridge and just threw them together. I am not much of a pasta fan but I will forever be a Mexican food fan. If it has cilantro in it I will probably love it. This has cilantro in it- therefore I love it.


Southwest Chicken Pasta
     serves 4-6ish

1 package brown rice pasta, cooked and chilled
1 1/2c soaked and cooked black beans (or 1 14oz. can)
3/4c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 large red or yellow pepper, diced
1/2c sliced green onions
1/2c frozen corn, thawed
1 can diced green chiles (optional)
2T chopped cilantro
zest from 2 limes
chicken breasts, sliced ( I had 1 1/2 chicken breasts left over and it was plenty)
1/2c pepper jack or cojito cheese (I think cojito would be better, but I can't find it where we are)

Dressing

6T fresh lime juice (approx 3 limes)
1/4c brown rice vinegar (regular rice vinegar is fine too)
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. Redmond's real salt
2 tsp. raw honey
3/4c extra virgin olive oil
1/2c cilantro

The salad is so easy to put together, just throw it all together. Now the dressing is a little more complicated. Throw it all except the extra virgin olive oil into a blender and blend.  Next while the blender is on low slowly pour in your olive oil and blend just long enough to mix it well. Phew.... hard stuff. :)  Mix it all together. For best results chill for 1 hour before serving! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. ooh that sounds like an awesome summer dish!

    ReplyDelete