Saturday, September 18, 2010

Movie Review: Come What May.

James and I watched Come What May last night. This film was made by a handful of home schooled kids now attending Patrick Henry College. Basically the whole idea behind the movie is when does life really begin? In the Mother's womb or the minute the baby is born? And why should a young girl have to tell her parents she is getting abortion? The main character Caleb struggles between his Dad who is a believer, his Mom who is career driven woman about to embark on a huge case pro-choice and what he truly believes. We really enjoyed this movie, alot of awesome points made. The end left James and I cheering for the truth Caleb spoke during his debate. Now keep in mind this film is alot like Flywheel in its production, this is no Hollywood film, but then again that makes it even better. This movie isn't rated but aside from the parents arguing a couple of times there wasn't anything wrong. James and I are choosing to let our older girls watch it with us tonight. I am interested to see Aislyn's reaction, she gets very fired up about abortion. For all of you who know me for me to let my kids see it, it's gotta be clean. Come What May is a vivid reminder that choosing what's right is never easy... but it's always worth the cost.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my Mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in that secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment