Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Journal Entries.......

My kids write in their journals everyday. They can think of what they want to write about on their own or choose a stick from our creative writing cup, which have all kinds of ideas written on them. Faith and Aislyn chose to write on their own yesterday. Faith wrote about God's armor and how she likes to put it on everyday, how she feels safer and like a real warrior here on the earth to conquer satan and share Jesus with all :). I think she just wishes now I would let her talk to ALL strangers :). Then there is Aislyn. Aislyn wrote about Marco Polo, don't ask me why we arent even studying him yet we are still in Ancient Greece and Rome. So anyways Aislyn wrote about how he was a believer, and how he came to a new land and found nuts as big as his head and how he saw monkeys and thought they were little men with tails. She could hardly control her laughter while reading her entry to Faith and I. So as the tears were pouring down her cheeks and she is hysterical, she stops dead in her tracks....stops the laughter and the tears and says.......hey there is a game you play in the pool called Marco Polo.....I wonder why he never swam in his story, hey mom do all believers know how to swim and why isn't there a game called Christopher Colombus??? Or Florence Nightengale or William Bradford??? We all laughed so hard and then later on that afternoon I was thinking back on what she had said and, giggling, I thought how many 7 year olds even know who those people are?? Homeschooling just rocks....I admit I hate teaching math with a passion but I LOVE history and is shows because my kids devour anything historical and love it. I am so glad I get to cater to their loves..... <3

1 comment:

  1. Great job, both of you! It is wonderful that she knows so many people from history, history is our passion too! Homeschooling is the BEST! I would like to see a picture of your creative writing sticks, that sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete